The purpose of the materials found in this packet is to help students understand how to confidently, quickly and accurately factor the difference or sum of cubes.
In a brick-and-mortar classroom setting, this is often a two-day topic. Day one to introduce and assignment homework. Day two to review, correct misconceptions and do an extension/compression assignment or assessment.
This has been adapted to work well in a virtual classroom setting. Assign the reading and video (linked below) for students to introduce themselves to the topic. Have them take notes and then try the homework (attached). Students need to grade their own homework and report to you (1) what was initially confusing, (2) what remains confusing, (3) what they got wrong.
Then, you can host a video conference to discuss those items reported back to you. After that point, assign the quiz in the Google Form (link attached). To assign the quiz you’ll want to create your own copy in your Google drive so it will be private.
With this packet you’ll get the following materials in a zipped folder.
- Welcome Document: Guides you through the materials, including an external link to a resource video
- Notes for student reference or teacher refresher
- An animated, high quality PowerPoint presentation
- A homework assignment
- Answer document for the homework
- A link to a google forms quiz on factoring sum and difference of cubes