This is a great packet for distance learning, or a virtual classroom. One of the failures of distance learning and computer based engagement with content is that students miss out on the most important part of learning. No matter the quality of the student and the clarity of the new information, confusion will occur. Learning occurs when that confusion is confronted and corrected. These materials are designed with that process in mind.
The objective of these materials is to place in the hands of the teacher (that’s you), all of the resources required to help students learn to read, write, and understand interval notation.
You can use the materials in any way you see fit. However, they’re designed to be used as follows.
- Assign the notes for reading.
- Instruct students to take quality notes on the text they’re reading. This includes questions, observations and predictions.
- Either have students watch this video or use the PowerPoint presentation in a Skype type meeting with them.
- Assign the practice problems.
- Have students grade their practice problems and report the following to you:
- Their score
- What they learned or what is still confusing
- Review, provide remediation and extension in a Skype type meeting.
- Assign the Google Quiz (make a copy of your own in your google drive).
- This will be graded instantly and will provide feedback for students on their understanding. There is also embedded remediation in the quiz that students can access once they’ve completed the quiz.
- Have small break-out sessions with struggling students.
With this packet you get everything to run this lesson in a virtual classroom. You get:
- Quality notes/reference material for students and a refresher for teachers.
- A highly animated PowerPoint that outlines the key concepts and has a lot of embedded practice.
- A set of practice problems.
- An answer key to the practice problems.
- A Google Forms Quiz
If you have any problems or complaints please don’t hesitate to let us know. Send an email.